£20,000 per annum plus benefits
Full time / Permanent
Our Client, a large firm of Chartered Accountants and TCSP is seeking a Trainee Accountant who is studying towards the ACA or ACCA qualification that can join their busy general accountancy practice and trust and corporate service provider.
The successful candidate will join one of our accountancy teams where he/she will report directly to a Manager or to a more senior trainee/administrator.
- Bookkeeping including inputting client records
- Preparation of accounting schedules and accounts files.
- Preparation of Financial Statements.
- Preparation of investment schedules.
- Preparation of management information and reporting.
- Preparation of personal tax computations and returns
- Preparation of corporate tax computations and returns.
- Preparation of VAT computations and returns.
- Preparation of audit schedules, programs and files
- Assisting an audit team at a clients premises or from the office as required
- Trust and Company administration
- All aspects of trust and company administration which will include direct contact with clients.
- Liaison with third party institutions such as banks, brokers and rental agents.
- Representing the organisation with a professional image and manner at all times.
- Filing and general office duties as required.
- Assisting the Managers and Partners as required.
- Provision of cover for other members of staff.
- This role offers training towards the ACA or ACCA qualification.
- Study leave is offered to attend day release courses at Manx Professional Education Services (MPES)
- The cost of the course and exam fees will be met by the organisations for the first attempt at each exam.
- Ambitious and determined to study hard to complete the challenging professional qualification whilst managing full time employment
- A graduate with a 2.1 degree or higher
- An excellent communicator with strong organisational skills
- Discretion, diplomacy and a confident approach are a must
- Willing to learn and a good listener who is prepared to take on responsibility and ownership of tasks
- Attentive to detail.