£32,000 - £42,000 per annum plus excellent benefits package
Full time / Permanent
Our leading Douglas-based Finance Sector Client has created a new Financial Reporting function as they progress an ambitious transformation programme. To support this, they are now seeking a small number of experienced Assistant Accountants to join the team.
Reporting to one of the Financial Reporting Managers, this role will be responsible for taking a lead role in ensuring that source data used by the International Financial Reporting team is delivered on time, of a high quality and able to stand up to external scrutiny. The production of accurate and timely information is essential in order for management to manage the business, group and regulatory financial reporting obligations.
This role will work with the Finance and senior management team to proactively keep pace with accounting and regulatory developments within the Group to help ensure the robustness of reported results supporting analysis. This will include, where necessary supporting the production of the company's standalone results, including all branches.
The main responsibilities of this role are:
- Support the monthly close process within agreed timelines, ensuring quality and integrity of financials
- Project work to enhance financial reporting to a more granular level to product working alongside other members of the Finance team
- Interrogating general ledger to a very detailed level, and working alongside the actuaries to explain the results
- Project work to enhance reporting of branch financial results. Prepare internal management reports, providing insights on financial performance
- Support ad hoc projects/ tasks
- Have an accounting qualification (ACA/ACCA) or be nearly qualified /qualified by experience (Big 4 experience is a plus)
- Experience with financial reporting and management accounting, including making improvements to design and function of reports
- Technical knowledge of and understanding of insurance company accounting (IFRS and Regulatory reporting) would be advantageous
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills
- Experience of using SUN and Vision or a similar accounting package
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A flexible and adaptable attitude
- Good problem solving skills - ability to understand and unravel complex issues
- Good systems and team working skills