£36,000 - £45,000 per annum (DOE)
Full time / Permanent
Our Client, a large firm of Chartered Accountants and TCSP is seeking a newly qualified Assistant Manager to join them as they continue to grow, while developing and progressing trainees.
The successful candidate will oversee a small team and will report directly to a Manager and/or a Partner. It is anticipated that following successful completion of a probation period, the AM would be assigned their own portfolio of clients and given external training in management and leadership skills.
- Responsible for overseeing all matters relating to client relationships and engagements that are assigned to them. This will include a variety of assignments from both the general accountancy practice and trust service provider, including ensuring timely preparation of financial statements and overseeing and checking of taxation and VAT returns and assessments
- Administration of companies which will vary greatly between clients
- Review work and will organise and co-ordinate the assignment of work for junior staff. This will include assisting, supervising and training junior members of the team
- Involved in conducting appraisals, training sessions and attending management meetings
- Responsible for ensuring that their clients adhere to the firms' compliance procedures and so they can expect to liaise with the Compliance team to ensure appropriate due diligence and know your client forms are held
- Required to represent the organisation in a managerial capacity and conduct themselves in a professional manner at all times
- Newly qualified (or up to 2 years PQE), practice trained, ACCA or ACA
- An excellent communicator with strong organisational skills who is able to lead and help train more junior members of staff
- Discretion, diplomacy and a confident approach
- Looking to broaden experience by covering all aspects of general accountancy and the provision of trust services to high value clients