Excellent Salary & Benefit Package
Full time / Permanent
Are you a newly qualified Accountant (ACA / ACCA) or have up to 2 years' post-qualified experience? Great - we'd like to hear from you!
Our Client, a large firm of Chartered Accountants and TCSP is seeking a newly qualified Assistant Manager to join them as they continue to grow and focus on audit and accounting.
The successful candidate will oversee a small team and will report directly to a Manager and/or a Partner. It is anticipated that following successful completion of a probation period, the AM would be assigned their own portfolio of clients and given external training in management and leadership skills.
- Responsible for overseeing all matters relating to client relationships and engagements that are assigned to them. This will include audits of small to medium sized companies across sectors including commercial and retail property, hotel trading, distribution companies and regulated audits including local advocates and trust and corporate service providers
- Experience of planning audits, designing and performing audit tests, reaching conclusions, and drafting reports and other deliverables is essential
- This role also offers a variety of assignments from both the general accountancy practice and trust service provider, including ensuring timely preparation of financial statements and overseeing and checking of taxation and VAT returns and assessments, together with administration of trust and companies within our diverse client portfolio
- Review work and will organise and co-ordinate the assignment of work for junior staff. This will include assisting, supervising and training junior members of the team
- Conducting appraisals, training sessions and attending management meetings
- Ensure that their clients adhere to the firms' compliance procedures and so they can expect to liaise with the Compliance team to ensure appropriate due diligence and know your client forms are held