£30,000-£35,000 per annum plus benefits
Full time / Permanent
Our Douglas-based Client is expanding its fiduciary team and is now seeking an experienced Associate to manage a portfolio of clients to ensure they receive a high standard of service at all times.
- All professional work is to be carried out in accordance with the guidelines set out in the practice and staff manuals and in compliance with relevant local legislation
- Delegate work where appropriate to more junior staff and ensure that work is performed to the required professional standard and to review the work performed
- Ensure that the firm's professional standards are adhered to
- Execute assignments in a timely and efficient manner
- Maintain communication with all other members of the firm involved with each client
- Where we maintain client accounting records, update clients' banking records on a regular basis and reconcile clients' bank statements to our banking records on a regular basis
- Review clients' bank accounts and incoming statements and ensure that excessive balances are not maintained on current accounts
- Arrange for the filing of bank statements and their despatch to clients if appropriate
- Ensure clients' incoming monies are banked timeously and invested in bank accounts in accordance with the client's instructions whenever possible
- Arrange cheque and telegraphic transfer instructions when advised to do so bearing in mind at all times the relevant AML criteria and procedures
- Ensure clients' statutory records and minute books are properly maintained and that all appropriate filings including tax are made at the appropriate time
- Correspond directly and promptly with clients as requested
- Update the database timeously with any statutory changes to client records
- Ensure all fiduciary service department functions are carried out on a timely basis to a high standard
- Ensure that appropriate charges are made to and collected from clients
- Keep up to date with current Isle of Man and UK legislation - read internal circulars and emails
- Identify self-development courses and relevant professional courses where possible
- Maintain client confidentiality at all times.
- Ensure that annual anti-money laundering training is undertaken.
- Ensure that annual continuing professional development requirements are met