Excellent base salary plus benefits package
Full time / Permanent
Our Client is an international technology business, leading the way in the field of cloud solutions. As they grow, the organisation is focussed on lean and frictionless processes across every operating unit.
In your role as Business Analyst , ServiceNow you will have the opportunity to make a real difference to a technology business by getting hands on experience with facilitating business change and systems transformation across the business.
You'll start out working as Business Change Analyst supporting our core Agile framework and ServiceNow Platform, building up over time to work on bigger projects and undertaking more complex work by taking a lead role as you develop your knowledge, skills and confidence.
Day to day you will be responsible for liaising between business stakeholders and system developers; gaining knowledge and understanding of business scenarios, problems and documenting your findings in a manner that is unambiguous and relevant. This also includes facilitating stakeholders through the mapping and analysis of their value work streams; business case development and delivery of system changes using Agile and Lean Start-up methodology.
You will work with the Head of Operational Excellence and lead Product Owner to develop plans in support of systems development. You will also lead and support small to medium strategic initiatives responsible for delivering product backlog within time, quality and budget.
- Elicit requirements and define the scope backlog items (epics/features/user stories) that guide the development team
- Develop appropriately detailed specifications for product features so they are clearly understood by the development teams
- Articulate business and user problems, identifying opportunities and ways to address these problems
- Participate and lead agile ceremonies such as - planning, refinement, daily stand-ups and retrospectives
- Play a leading role in the adoption of agile ways of working within the business and facilitate collaborative working to establish the foundation for feature team delivery
- Business process re-engineering where applicable and the write and edit of relevant documentation of processes, systems specifications, standard operational procedures and flow diagrams to illustrate 'as is' and 'to be' business processes
Desirable knowledge and experience:
- In-depth knowledge and experience of ServiceNow products / capabilities
- Have worked on an end to end ServiceNow or business transformation programme
- An in-depth knowledge of Agile approaches such as Agile DSDM, Scrum, Lean Start-up, Test Driven Development, and Continuous Integration & Delivery
- Professional Qualifications e.g. ITIL / Lean Six Sigma / Scrum / Agile DSDM
- Certification in ServiceNow
- 2.1 undergraduate degree or higher in any subject covering Engineering, Mathematics, Business or Social Science
- Facilitated workshops using a wide variety of techniques and innovation games like user story mapping and assumption mapping
- Experience in capturing Epics, User Stories and Acceptance Criteria for client requirements, working with developers and QA testers to prepare user stories for delivery, using techniques such as 3-Amigos to ensure a shared understanding
- Familiarity in managing the project backlog, including prioritisation with the Product Owner, with user-centred requirements engineering, acceptance criteria and testing charters
Knowledge and experience required:
- Experience in driving Business Transformation within an organisation
- Have strong proficiency and experience in gathering, understanding and mapping specific business requirements to product features
- Be a self-starter who can work autonomously but also be able to collaborate effectively with teams of various shapes and sizes
- Develop social connections and communicate with emotional intelligence
- Have excellent verbal, written and visual communication skills
- Be able to follow a prescribed structure of proven principles and practices when appropriate
- Have the confidence to express an opinion, even if it's unpopular or challenges the current status quo