Salary DOE plus benefits package
Full time / Permanent
Our Douglas-based Financial Services Client is enjoying tremendous growth and have ahead of them an exciting transformation programme. To support them through this, they require a Company Secretary to join the team.
- Company Secretary to the Business and its entities
- Provide excellent support to the International Business Oversight Board and its Board Committees
- Ensure the business entities operate governance arrangements and in line Companies Act and other relevant legislation across its various jurisdictions
- Act as Company Secretary to certain key Boards and Board Committees, as agreed, in accordance corporate governance arrangements. This will include all IOM registered entities and its Audit & Risk & Compliance Committees
- Work with the respective Chairs, Non-executive Directors and Management to set appropriate board calendar, manage the Board Charter, including role profiles, Terms of Reference and Matters Reserved to the Board
- Perform annual effectiveness review and review against the relevant Charter
- Working with Regulatory Compliance, support the directors in demonstrating that the directors are fulfilling their regulatory responsibilities
- Working with Regulatory Compliance, support any new director applications for relevant regulators.
- Oversee and support the induction of NEDs to the Board / Committees
- Manage the entities within the business to ensure Group entity statutory records are compliant with legal, statutory and regulatory requirements
- Draft non-routine board minutes, papers and statutory forms
- Review corporate documentation such as report and accounts
- Respond to technical company secretarial queries from the business
- Ensure that the Company Secretarial policies and procedures are reviewed routinely and implemented in an appropriate manner.
- Manage the statutory and regulatory filings and contribute to filing requirements, such as close links or disclosures in the Annual Report and Accounts to ensure that they are completed on time to the appropriate standard
- Undertake research on technical matters and share knowledge with other team members
- Update the Co-Sec Statuary databases and records as required.
- Manage projects to support the delivery of the overall team and strategy
- Oversee execution of corporate documentation.
- Manage the provision of company secretarial services to the Board subsidiaries.
- Detailed understanding of Company Law across all markets
- Detailed understanding of corporate governance arrangements
- Stakeholder management - excellent communication skills
- Excellent organisational and forward planning skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Commitment to organisational excellence
- Displays independence, honesty, integrity, and a strong sense of ethics in all decisions and actions
- Able to work on own initiative, as well as diverse groups
- Ability to deliver to tight deadlines, in particular in instances where the law dictates timeframes for responsiveness
- Capable of maintaining the secrecy and confidentiality of professional matters
- Proven Company Secretary experience gained in a professional or regulated environment, including knowledge of governance requirements in IOM
- Good understanding of corporate governance arrangements
- Good experience of influencing with senior stakeholders
- Educated to degree level
- Qualified Chartered Secretary (ICSA) or extensive relevant experience