Salary DOE plus benefits package
Full time / Permanent
Our Douglas-based Financial Services Client is enjoying tremendous growth and have ahead of them an exciting transformation programme. To support them through this, they require an Administrator to effectively manage the ongoing administration of externally managed accounts, which include the opening and closing of accounts, managing payments in and out from external managers, effective cash management, withdrawal requests and ensuring that the company's records are accurate and up to date.
- Honesty and openness in all interactions, maintaining good relationships with all parties
- Demonstrate the company values and principles
- Demonstrate professionalism in all written and verbal communication
- Understand and apply the Treating customers Fairly (TCF) principles in all aspects of the role and able to evidence how TCF has been considered in any task
- Keen awareness of GDPR requirements
- Ensure compliance and regulatory legislation requirements are met and adhered to
- Working as part of a team in a collaborative and constructive manner
- Support to the rest of the team, including answering queries, checking, training, and coaching
- Completion of work to meet set service standards and deadlines
- Demonstrate awareness of the potential risks of activities performed and be able to evidence the controls in place to mitigate them
- Highlight any efficiency opportunities within the area, suggesting changes
- Identification and reporting of issues, with solutions suggested where possible
- Liaise with External Account Managers & Custodians (EMCs) to set up new external managed accounts as required
- Arrange payment to, or request money from, external managers as required
- Assist with reconciliations and data cleansing activities
- Assist the EMC Valuations team as required
- Deal with ad-hoc correspondence and telephone queries from EMCs, financial advisers and company sales branches as required
- Minimum of 1 years' experience in Financial Services.
- Detailed knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Honest, reliable and professional, takes ownership of responsibilities
- Able to work within a team or own initiative
- Takes ownership of and learns from mistakes
- Good administration, literacy, numeracy, planning and organisational skills
- Able to meet targets and goals with accurate results
- Flexible/adaptable to changing priorities.
- Can maintain high level of accuracy including when under pressure, within agreed service standards
- Proactive and keen to expand knowledge and take on new tasks.
- Positive can-do attitude and commitment to "get the job done"
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Good telephone manner
- Able to build trust and confidence in all relationships whether they are external or internal
- Collaborative team player
- Commitment to providing outstanding customer service
- Experience of delivering for customers in a busy environment
- Desire to discuss and share best practice
- Understanding of various Investment instruments such as equities, bonds, collective investment Schemes, investment trusts, etc
- Minimum of 5 x GCSE (or equivalent) grade C or above, including English and Maths