Excellent day rate
Full time / Contract
Our leading Finance Sector Client is undergoing a time of significant growth and transformation as they integrate a recent corporate acquisition. To support this and grow their organisation they are seeking an experienced Environments Manager on an initial 6-month contract term to support 2 key programmes.
You will be responsible for the successful management of all in-scope environments used to deliver software changes for business-critical applications across two key programmes.
Your primary focus will be proactively managing all aspects of the environments, including preventing conflicts and collisions between multiple groups seeking access to limited resources. They will be required to work collaboratively with the Project Managers, Functional leads and Technology team to track the availability of environments versus the project delivery demand.
- Create and provide environment availability dashboard for communication with key stakeholders
- Develop a change management process to efficiently govern change across all in-scope environments
- Coordinate with Project Management, Functional Leads, Technology team, and Release Managers to ensure that all data & software releases, technology stack updates and configurations are aligned across the environments
- Coordinate the resolution of environment issues with technical teams, including impact assessments and root cause analysis
- Ensure any vulnerabilities, certificate renewals, platform and software upgrades are actively managed across all environments to sustain availability
- Develop and maintain environment health checks and audits, including monitoring utilization and performance
- Forecast environment requirements based on anticipated future demand from multiple projects and application development teams
- Define KPI's and metrics for inclusion in regular reporting
- Organised and structured approach with the ability to co-ordinate and manage multiple moving parts
- Ability to communicate with stakeholders including senior Stakeholders, Project Management, Functional Leads, Technology team, Engineering Management, Infrastructure Delivery, Integration management, Test Management
- Focus on scheduling accuracy with the ability to keep a constantly shifting environment calendar up to date
- Ability to estimate work effort required to bring environments to readiness
- Focus on organization and communication over technology - technology is important for an environment manager, but communication is the critical skill
- Understanding of a Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
- Ability to work and communicate remotely, in an international and multi-cultural environment
- Knowledge of DevOps and experience of working in an Agile environment desirable