Competitive salary plus excellent benefits
Full time / Permanent
Our Client is a leading Douglas-based Finance Sector employer, currently enjoying sustained growth through organic and acquisitive channels. As they expand their Financial Team, an opportunity has arisen for a Financial Accountant.
Reporting to the Finance Reporting Manager, this role will be responsible for the preparation of financial reports and maintenance of accounting records.
- Preparation of comprehensive financial reports for insurance companies and overseas branches and subsidiaries in line with regulatory requirements and relevant accounting standards. Financial reports include management accounts, entity financial statements and regulatory reports and the group consolidated financial statements
- Full understanding of the report content
- Manage the relationship with the external audit team
- Manage a small team
- Maintenance of daily and monthly procedures and controls within the department to ensure that profitability is maintained
- Qualified accountant with significant relevant experience
- An understanding of financial statements and regulatory reporting for an insurance business
- Good Excel skills
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- The ability to work to challenging deadlines
- Good attention to detail
- An understanding of transactions during the lifetime of an insurance / investment policy would be advantageous