Salary DOE pus benefits package
Full time / Permanent
Our leading Financial Services Sector Client is continuing a high growth trajectory, coupled with an ambitious transformation programme are now seeking an experienced Financial Crime Officer for their Risk and Control Team.
The purpose of this role is to act as a Subject Matter Expert in relation to financial crime activities, extending to supporting the Money Laundering Reporting Officer (MLRO) in providing 2nd line oversight and advice in relation to financial crime matters. This will include assisting the MLRO in assessing, setting and documenting the risk-based approach to the management and control of financial crime risks across all businesses and communicating this to key business stakeholders.
The role holder will help ensure that the company's risk appetite to financial crime risk is met whilst ensuring positive outcomes for customers.
Key responsibilities include:
- Act as Deputy MLRO (as applicable) in respect of the Isle of Man located entities. The Deputy MLRO has the authority to act independently and autonomously of the MLRO
- Provide support and assistance to the MLRO & Head of Compliance as required and to be instrumental in ensuring effective 2nd line guidance and support to the 1st line
- Assist the MLRO in ensuring financial crime risks are being managed within each businesses risk appetite
- Act as SME on technical aspects of Financial Crime and other areas of the Risk function and provide technical and SME advice to both managers and employees to ensure that Financial Crime compliance is understood and effective
- Provide the correct technical and commercial interpretation of applicable regulatory requirements
- Assist the MLRO with peer reviews and monitoring, feed into and draft Board, MI and bespoke reports in relation to financial crime matters
- Proactively develop and maintain knowledge of industry themes and best practice in risk assessment and forensics relating to all aspects of Financial Crime including, money laundering, terrorist financing, sanctions compliance, fraud, tax evasion and bribery & corruption
- Promote a positive risk aware culture within the businesses and provide appropriate second line challenge where appropriate
- Hold a formal qualification in Compliance and/or Financial Crime.
- Preferably degree educated in a business related or analytical based subject
- Strong analytical and organisational skills.
- Experience in a 2LOD financial crime role within the finance sector having previously held an MLRO role in a regulated entity
- Good technical knowledge of Compliance, Regulatory, and Legislative requirements, predominantly from Isle of Man, UK, EU & Singapore perspectives
- Working knowledge of financial products, industry practice and regulatory requirements/legislation
- Experience in defining and delivering MI and reporting
- Strong understanding of the financial crime field across the industry, and the appropriate implementation of the same across an international businesses
- Commercial acumen - evidence of good understanding of business strategy through programmes of work over both short and long term cycles; and an understanding of distribution channels
- Stakeholder management - good influencing skills and an ability to coach, facilitate and influence up to Managerial level
- Personal drive - delivery focused, with high energy & drive, and ability to deliver through others
- Ability to manage and coach others
Note:This role may be subject to regulatory approval, as you may be required to act as Deputy MLRO. You will be expected to adhere to the following Conduct Rules and Standards:
- You must act with integrity
- You must act with due skill, care and diligence
- You must be open and cooperative with the applicable regulators
- You must pay due regard to the interest of customers and treat them fairly
- You must observe proper standards of market conduct