Salary DOE plus full training package
Full time / Permanent
Our leading Douglas-based Finance Sector Client is undergoing a time of significant growth and transformation as they complete the integration of a recent corporate acquisition. To support this, their Actuarial team are now seeking a Graduate Actuarial Trainee.
Full training package included.
The role would suit a highly numerate graduate with a degree in a mathematical or related subject. As part of a small team, but with an ability to work independently, you will be expected to undertake tasks across a variety of areas including pricing and product development, regulatory/internal reporting and actuarial liability modelling, as well as having the opportunity to contribute to the growth and development of the company through involvement in project work.
Duties will include:
- Support external reporting by assisting in the production of valuations to appropriate standards and within agreed timescales
- Support internal financial reporting, including experience investigations to appropriate standards and in line with agreed methodologies
- Assist with the development and maintenance of actuarial liability models, checking data extract routines, and maintaining appropriate documentation
- Take an active role in maintaining and developing illustration systems
- Provide actuarial support to product development and pricing exercises
- Provide actuarial support to project work as and when required
- Be educated to honours degree level (at least 2:1) in a mathematical (or related) subject with a proven track record of strong exam performance in mathematical subjects
- Meet the requirements needed to join the Institute and Faculty of Actuaries as a student member (or equivalent body), or already be a member of such an organisation
- Experience of Excel, including the use of VBA, would be beneficial
- Very strong analytical skills and an attention to technical detail
- Excellent inter-personal skills and an ability to communicate with people at all levels of the company in an effective manner
- A proven self-starter with an ability to show initiative whilst asking for support where appropriate
- An ability to write reports to a high standard