Head of Investor Relations
Our FinTech Client are looking for a Head of Investor Relations responsible for ensuring the company is appropriately and strategically positioned with analysts, investors, and all stakeholders. Reporting directly to the CEO and responsible for creating the appropriate strategy, framework, and tactics, as well as for providing a very compelling investor relations roadmap.
Our Client’s platform is an Open Financial Commerce Marketplace, currently in deployment across 3 continents.
With operations across Africa, Latin America, and Southeast Asia, they provide banks, corporates, and governments in emerging markets with an unrivalled platform that enables a limitless marketplace ecosystem accessed via a mobile. Their technology is changing the way in which services are distributed and accessed by people in the new digital economy. They focus on building the infrastructure; connecting businesses, financial institutions, retailers, governments and others, whilst simultaneously improving financial inclusion and economic development in emerging markets.
Founded in 2012, they are renowned for their involvement in M-PESA, the world’s most successful mobile money service delivering thousands of transactions daily. They have big investment and big plans. Come and join us on this amazing journey!
You should be keen on working within a start-up style environment understanding the unique responsibility, creativity and flexibility that is required and the immense rewards that come with it.
In addition, the Head of Investor Relations must have previous Investor Relations experience with ideally a finance background.
Must have requirements:
- Successfully gained investment for a Tech Start-up or similar venture
- Proven experience dealing with investors and a strong track record of creating positive relations with the investor community and Analysts
- Deep knowledge and understanding of the capital markets, as well as a thorough understanding of key metrics for companies in the SAAS and Fintech markets
- Intimately familiar with financial modelling techniques and valuation methods used by analysts and investors
- A strong understanding of macroeconomics, capital markets trends, competitor activities, industry dynamics, and customer trends
- An entrepreneurial and client focussed mindset, with an ability and confidence to present to analysts, investors, and stakeholders
- Must be able to perform in a high-pressure environment, and be able to meet tight deadlines
- Has superb written and verbal communication skills, as well as the ability to draft engaging and impactful, inspiring messages
Desirable, but not essential:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, or accounting
- An MBA is an asset
Salary Guide: £75,000 – £85,000 per annum, plus stock options, plus bonus & commission