£28000 - £32000 per annum
Full time / Permanent
Our leading Douglas-based Client is seeking a Policy Accounting / Accountant to join their Financial Team. Working Directly forthe Finance Reporting Manager, this role will be responsible for the maintenance of the general ledger system and maintenance and review of accounting records, particularly those generated by the policy administration system for their two insurance companies. This role will also be responsible for all aspects of financial reporting for the group and subsidiaries.
- Supervision of daily batch process for policy administration data for two insurance companies
- Maintenance of Sun general ledger system, accounting periods, account codes, analysis codes, currency revaluations, etc
- Financial reporting, including production and review of management accounts, management information reports, regulatory returns, annual financial statements and audit liaison
- Preparation of annual budgets
- Manage a small team
- Part qualified accountant with experience, or qualified by experience
- Experience of financial control environments
- Financial reporting and management accounting experience
- Strong Excel skills.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- The ability to work to challenging deadlines
- Good attention to detail
- An understanding of insurance company operations