Up to £56,000 per annum
Full time / Contract
Our Client is an international respected Corporate and Fiduciary services, Fund Administration, and Capital Markets business, with offices across multiple jurisdictions and territories.
With over 17,000 structures and 8000+ global clients under management, they require an experienced Risk Manager to join them for a 12-month fixed term assignment.
The Risk Manager is responsible for developing and maintaining the effectiveness of the risk management framework, implementing the risk appetite set by the Board through policy and ensuring that top and emerging risks are identified and managed.
The services provided by the Risk Manager help guide organisational priority-setting and decision-making aligned to the company's strategic development plan.
Delivery of the role will require buy-in from stakeholders, meaning it will be important to develop strong partnerships with other members of the executive and at operational levels in the business. The role holder works closely with other senior executives to ensure effective communication pre and post RCSA.
- Support the Chief Risk and Compliance Officer in implementing an effective Risk Management Framework to ensure all risks are appropriately captured and owned; and that the 1st and 2nd line risk, policy and control owners understand their roles and responsibilities within the framework
- Agree the RCSA annual calendar with the business, ensuring it aligns with regulatory deadlines
- Deliver an RCSA at least annually for each Service Line and Country
- Lead and facilitate risk workshops to gather the RCSA data
- Work with the business to capture its risks and controls, challenging the business where required
- Hold an agile approach in delivering an Enterprise Risk Management Framework that adds value to the business and matures with the strategic direction of the Group
- Ensure each RCSA is captured in a central repository in the company's selected tool.Act as system owner for the tool, acting as gatekeeper for any change required by the business
- Develop and maintain reporting and trackers for the business at Group and local level, Senior Management and Committees
- The RCSA will touch all service lines and regions, the key internal stakeholders will be at all levels of the business from the Managing Directors, Operations Directors and Compliance Managers as key risk owners. The Head of ERM will need to build and maintain good working relationships with the business
- Due to the regulatory focus and requirements in some regions, The Head of ERM may on occasion need to engage externally with various regulators
- Act as the main relationship, point between the company and LogicManager, and to escalate any issues with the risk tool
Qualifications & Experience
- A strong interest in risk management (e.g. risk assessment, risk governance, reporting, policies and appetite.)
- An appreciation of what constitutes a positive risk culture
- A good understanding of Enterprise Risk Management Frameworks, how to design and implement them
- Previous experience in delivering an Enterprise Risk Management Framework
- Previous experience in leading and facilitating risk workshops to capture risks and controls
- Strong analytical and writing skills
- Strong Microsoft Office suite skillsStrong strategic, analytical and influencing skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with senior peers in leading an organisation, initiating change and driving continuous improvement
- Sophisticated and skilled approach to influencing senior stakeholders
Accountability and Commitment
- Encourage a mindset that puts clients at the heart of everything the company does
Performance and Development
- Set and communicates contribution expectations, metrics and outcomes
- Empower and inspire team members to take stretch assignments
- Delegate appropriately - monitor progress and provide support
- Think strategically to anticipate future trends and changing internal client needs
- Engage across the business to learn from mistakes and find solutions
- Systematise and continuously improve processes as the company grows, whilst minimising bureaucracy