Our Client is an international provider of Corporate Services & Global Expansion, Active Wealth and Fund Solutions, with offices across multiple jurisdictions and territories.
Supporting the Bookkeeping and Accounting Team, the Client Accountant will be responsible for the preparation and review of financial statements for a portfolio of Trusts and Companies.In addition, you will be responsible for ad hoc reporting and tax compliance where required.
- Ensure client expectations and accounting deadlines are properly managed and financial statements are finalised in a timely manner
- Take ownership, prioritise workload and communicate effectively with your line manager and third parties
- Maintain a good understanding of banking and accounting systems and will be able to demonstrate an ability to familiarise themselves with new systems effectively
- Achieve personal targets as set out for the role (this will include targets for time recording and utilisation) and will also take action to ensure agreed business risk targets are met
- Use technical capability to understand and manage risk with the support of their line manager, escalating where necessary and required in accordance with policies
- Support with the timely preparation of high-quality financial statements in accordance with relevant laws and generally accepted accounting practices in line with relevant policies and procedures
- Support peers, technical and ad hoc financial queries and special project work as required
- Develop a good working relationship and work proactively with the Bookkeeping and Trust Administration Teams to ensure timely completion of bookkeeping and query resolution
- Hold or are working towards a relevant professional qualification (ACCA or CA). Other equivalent qualifications and work experience will be considered
- Working knowledge and understanding of relevant statutory requirements and UK GAAP
- Ability to use judgement and initiative in applying standard work practices and solving day to day problems
- Able to deliver results without compromising on quality and accuracy
- A strong team player, self-motivated and focussed on exceeding targets and goals
- Excellent command of the English language with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Prior experience in preparation and review of Trust and Company financial statements will be beneficial
We are sorry but applications for this job have closed.