£48,000 - £58,000 per annum DOE plus benefits
Full time / Permanent
Our Client is an award-winning, market leading FinTech business, headquartered in City of London, with international operations and offices. In order to manage growth, they are seeking a Senior IT Infrastructure Engineer / Systems Administrator to assist with the configuration, management, security and support of the local and wide area network,_server, storage and telecommunications infrastructure.
- Helping the IT Systems Administration Manager to maintain the operations of the_company's server systems, networking infrastructure, and communications
- There will also be some element of mentoring our 1st/2nd line support staff in these_areas, contributing knowledge and experience to their professional development
- Design, installation, upgrading, operation, control and maintenance of Windows and_Linux server systems, network, voice and desktop infrastructures
- Ensuring the availability of all relevant systems, through the implementation and_management of maintenance, monitoring and change control strategies
- Specification and ordering of equipment, software and services
- Maintaining up to date and effective documentation on all relevant IT systems, services_and procedures
- Managing user accounts and access levels
- Assisting in the Development and control of the IT security policy and associated_policies
- Ensuring security on all systems and legal requirements are met
- Ensuring adherence to FCA, TCF and Data Protection regulations in relation to IT_systems
- Assisting in the management and responsibility for company data ensuring that all backup and restore procedures are adhered to and effective
- Building and maintaining relationships with External and Internal contacts.
- The technical support and guidance of the IT Team (no direct responsibility for the_day-to-day line management of desktop support staff)
- The management of projects to implement business systems solutions and or_processes for information management
- Overseeing the uninterrupted monitoring of the IT infrastructure, making sure all_systems are capable of handling their given workloads and have not been compromised by any external influences
- Ensuring that any planned changes to the IT infrastructure are efficient, viable anddocumented in line with Change Control methodologies
- Providing regular updates and reports on workloads, planned or unplanned outages,_system improvements and any other IT related issues that may affect business operation
- Assisting the developers and business analysts with the design and implementation of_new systems.
- Providing where necessary out of hours support of the IT systems.
- Assisting in the planning, development, documentation and testing of Disaster_Recovery and Business Continuity plan, processes and procedures.
- Minimum of two years' experience as a Systems Administrator
- Detailed working knowledge of Microsoft and Linux server environments
- Detailed working knowledge of server builds configuration and remote management
- Detailed working knowledge of local and wide area networking and associated technologies, e.g. switches, routers, firewalls, VPN's, etc.
- Good understanding of storage environments and configuration, DAS, NAS, SAN
- Good understanding of Virtualisation technologies, with hands on experience of RHEV, Hyper-V or VMWare
- Comfortable with scripting languages, e.g. PowerShell, Python, Bash, etc.
- Knowledge of configuration management and orchestration tools such as Puppet, Ansible, Chef, SaltStack
- Good understanding of general security principles
- Previous experience in the support and development of networks and security infrastructures
- Knowledge of telephony systems and technologies (e.g. SIP trunks, 3CX PBX).
- Knowledge of group policy design and administration
- Active Directory administration
- TCP/IP networking
- Knowledge of cloud platforms and services, AWS, VMware Cloud, OpenShift, OpenStack, Azure, Office 365, etc.
- Knowledge of virtual desktop infrastructure RDS, Citrix, VMware Horizons, Parallels, etc.
- Switch configuration and management
- Remote access and VPN technologies
- Intrusion detection & prevention solutions