Excellent Salary & Benefits
Full time / Permanent
Our Client is a leading international Accounting & Consulting firm based in Douglas and are seeking a Tax Assistant to assist the Tax Manager in the efficient administration of the Tax Department and to_provide assistance with all aspects of tax compliance.
The successful candidate will be looking to develop in a tax role and will be joining an_experienced team who will nurture and support their development.
- Completion and submission of tax returns for clients, including sole traders, partnerships,_companies and individuals, ensuring high standards of accuracy at all times
- For Limited Companies, ensure that Isle of Man and UK tax returns are completed as_applicable to each client
- Ensure as far as possible that statutory deadlines for the filing of tax returns are achieved,_liaising with clients efficiently where additional information is required
- Utilise technical tax knowledge to provide clients with guidance on the range of tax_matters seeking advice from the Tax Manager where necessary
- Assist with the management of a portfolio of clients and act as point of contact for_enquiries, including providing advice on tax liabilities as part of the client care package
- As professional knowledge develops, identify and develop tax planning and advisory opportunities for clients and agree how these can be taken forward with the Tax Manager
- Maintain and develop technical tax knowledge in order to ensure that accurate and_contemporary advice is provided to clients
- Provide support for payroll matters when required
- Enthusiastic, driven and willing to learn
- A self-starter who is able spot business and cross selling opportunities
- Keen attention to detail and the desire to research, read and apply legislation (with appropriate support, training and supervision)
- Able to quickly understand, learn and take ownership of tax compliance matters for allocated clients
- A keen interest and passion in finance, accountancy and in particular tax
- A recent graduate in a relevant qualification or recent experience in a tax position would be beneficial
- While tax experience would be excellent, our client is happy to support, develop and train candidates with a passion for developing into a tax role.